Why Groom Your Dog ?
Proper grooming of your pet is an important part of their health, hygiene, and overall well-being. It not only makes your pet look better, but also makes them feel much more comfortable. Routine grooming sessions also allow you to examine your pet’s coat, teeth, eyes, ears, and nails for signs of problems.
A day at the grooming shop does not have to be an unpleasing experience for your pet. At Pawz & Clawz, we give plenty of attention to your pet during the grooming process in a fun and friendly environment. Our Dog Groomers have over 24 years of experience working with all types of dogs from friendly ones to mildly aggressive ones. We groom all breeds and offer full-service grooming.
Our grooming services include pawdicures, ear cleansing, full bath, fluff hand drying (no hot air cage dryers), styling, and much more! We use soothing shampoos including Skin and Coat, Whitening and Color Enhancing, Allergy Relief, Oatmeal Shampoo, and Skin Care Remoisturizing. We also offer specialty shampoos such as Flea & Tick Bath, Medicated Baths, De-allergizing and Medicated Skin Sprays.
WE GROOM ANY SIZE DOG
* We groom all breeds of dogs
* No appointment necessary for nails; Walk-in welcome
* We do not use tranquilizers
* We know how to handle aggressive biting dogs
* Large and Toy breeds are our specialty
Choosing a groomer:
- If you decide that you have neither the time, inclination or physical ability to groom your dog,The choice is far more complex than a digital walk through the Yellow Pages.
- Selection of a groomer should be done with at least as much care as choice of a barber or hair stylist, for you must be pleased with the results of the "haircut" and the dog must be treated with care while at the shop.
- Sources of recommendations include friends who own pets, boarding kennels that don't have their own grooming service, veterinarians, pet supply stores, shelters, and purebred breeders.
- If you own a Poodle or a terrier, the selection may be a bit more difficult, for these breeds have special grooming requirements that take more time and expertise.
- After getting some recommendations, make a few telephone calls and ask questions about services and costs, use of tranquilizers to calm the dog. Most groomers will not use tranquilizers however they will handle a dog that has been tranquilized by the veterinarian or owner if they know that the drug has been given. If your dog is geriatric or has a chronic medical problem, ask about special handling.
- Visit the groomers who answered your questions without the dog. Make sure the shop is well-lit, that the groomer and assistants handle the dogs gently, that old or arthritic dogs are treated with special consideration, and that the shampoos and flea and tick products meet your needs.
- This shop requires up to date vaccination records. ( All Legitimate Shops Should )
- We limit our appointments to ensure every dog gets the full attention they deserve. With the emphasis on a non rushed one to one grooming session on each and every dog. This policy has really paid off.
- We can groom your pet to breed standard or create a special look that suites your pets busy lifestyle.
- We groom your pet straight through so they never need to stay,most pets are ready to be picked up in 2 hours or less (Large & heavy coated dogs may take a bit longer).
- We always use the very best quality shampoos specially designed for use on your pets. Our wide selection ensures we will have a quality shampoo suitable for your pet’s skin and coat type. We never use hand soaps or other dish washing detergents.
- A gentle Hydrotherapy baths ensure your pets coat and skin are left sparkling clean while they enjoy a full body hydro-massage.
- Medicated Shampoo available for problem skin.
- All dogs are dried by hand, we NEVER use cage driers. For dogs that can't be hand dried we have cool air floor dryers.
TIME WE START
Wednesday 8:30AM -
Thursday 8:30AM -
Friday 8:30AM -
Saturday 8:00 AM -
We Accept Cash, Checks, and Credit Cards